Home About us Partnership Join us Proposals Buttons

ID='HTML3'

Recruitment is still open, so if you want to join us, visit page called "Join us".
Saturday, April 21, 2012

[14] Chatting on Omegle

 [artykuł przeniesiony z poprzedniego adresu]

This time I won't write about any rules or vocabulary. Today I want to show you interesting site called:

 
OMEGLE.



The name of it is weird, I know. I think that it doesn't have any logical meaning.

What is it?
On this website you can talk to strangers from around the world. For me it was really exciting to talk with people who live far away. I've talked to guys from India, USA, Germany and Ireland mostly.

Advantages
What is the best advantage of chatting there? For me improving English. You can spend time nicely, meet new people and get new skills in foreign language. Of course, not everyone use correct English. It's more likely to learn some phrases or words talking with people from Great Britain, USA or Ireland. Once I met a boy from Germany and our conversation was really boring, because he had to translate almost everything into German. As you can guess, we didn't talk for a long time... I'm not patient.

Be careful
You have to be careful, because there are many horny people. The best way is disconnecting them quickly.

Keeping in touch
Quite a lot of people want your skype or picture. I haven't given it to anyone, but now I'm mailing with guy from Ireland. It's a good way to keep in touch with interesting people you met there.

Disadvantages?
 Of course. The worst thing is that you can become addicted. You have work to do, but also you want to chat with some other person. You want to know, where  he/she will be from and... start a new conversation, even if it's late or something. Really - there has to be a balance.

Starting chatting
Go to OMEGLE and click on "Text". You will see an inscription "You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!". Then you should obviously say "hi" or "hey" or something and just start a conversation.

What you should know
Popular phrase which new people usually don't get is "asl" which just mean "age/sex/live". Answer is for example "17, female, Poland".

Chatters usually use short forms of words. Example:
"u" instead of "you". In my opinion it's not hard to understand.

I think it's enough that you should know. If you want, just go there and check, if you like chatting. Maybe that website is known for some people. What do you think about it? Is it a waste of time? Give me your opinions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search