Home About us Partnership Join us Proposals Buttons

ID='HTML3'

Recruitment is still open, so if you want to join us, visit page called "Join us".
Wednesday, November 21, 2012

[65] Game time!

Hello everyone!
Long time no see, huh? I'm back to writing posts, I finally have time to do it and for today I prepared a few short quizes about english speaking countries: Australia, the USA and the UK. You think you know everything about these countries? Find out!




the UK:




USA:




Australia:




Share your results with us!
Which country are you most familiar with? Which test was the hardest for you?

If you want to find more about Australia, read our past posts about Aussie slang (CLICK) or read about the most breathtaking places in Australia! (CLICK, CLICK, CLICK)

You're interested in reading more about the UK? You definitely should refresh the post about Christmas in the UK (CLICK)  to see what it looks like abroad.

Maybe there is something you want to share with us, maybe trivia about english speaking countries? Or your own experience when you visited these places? We are looking forward to hearing your stories! :)


14 comments:

  1. Ha! Raszka! I've caught you! :) Thanks for this post, it's really interesting although a bit time consuming should someone seriously want to take all these tests :) I taught American Culture in the 90s and British Culture until last year so I didn't that much trouble choosing the answers. Even when I didn't know the exact answer, the knowledge of certain general facts helped me answer correctly :) Of course I made a few mistakes as well :( Anyhow, your post is encouraging in a way that it really motivates those who truly want to check their knowledge of those US or UK culture oriented issues :) Take care and come to my blog more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose someone would take all these tests, that's why I posted only 3 for each region ;) As you said, a little encouragement for people interested in this topic. For example, I'm the most interested in Australia, so I enjoyed testing my knowledge about aussie slang (which was not too bad!), it turned out that I would need to learn more about history of the UK and I only had minor problems with locating states on the map.
      I will try to visit your blog more frequently! Thanks for reading my post as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello :)
    (przepraszam za mój angielski i za moje wręcz podstawowe błędy, ale się staram :) )
    Please, write sth about Canada, about their language, about people who is living there, about living there.. Whatever :)
    Since, i absolutely love this county, and everybody talk only about UK or USA..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely write something about Canada:) Expect it on or blog soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Hej! Świetny post. Powiem szczerze, że jeszcze nigdy nie spotkałam się z tymi grami, ale na pewno są fajnym sposobem na przetestowanie swojej wiedzy;D
    Mam pytanko, niezwiązane z tematem. Czy certyfikat FC to First Certificat, znany jako 'First', czy może coś innego?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pozwolę sobie odpowiedzieć: Tak, First Certificate in English, znany jako "First" to własnie FCE. W poniższych linkach więcej na temat samego egzaminu:

      http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams/fce/index.html

      http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Certificate_in_English

      Pozdrawiam!

      Delete
    2. Mamy też na blogu jeden artykuł związany z FCE. Jeśli masz ochotę, zachęcam do zapoznania się:

      http://pleasure-of-english.blogspot.com/2012/06/44-impressions-after-fce-exam-and-my.html

      Delete
  4. Dodałam Was do linków :) Jesteście świetni :))
    Pozdrawiam ;*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wspaniały Blog! A ten szablon... czy możecie napisać skąd taki macie? Czy jest na bazie Bloggera, czy zmieniliście coś w HTML?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Szablon jest wykonany przez dante z bloga http://wesoly-wisielec.blogspot.com/, jednak autorka ma obecnie "graficzną przerwę". Nie znam się na grafice ani nawet troszeczkę, więc nie umiem powiedzieć, jak został zrobiony.

      Delete
    2. Dziękuję za odpowiedź :)

      Delete
  6. I failed the US Citizenship Test :c. Well, I'll try again. In "How well do you know the USA?" I had 47%. And in placing states on a map, I had 41 good answers.

    ReplyDelete

Search