Home About us Partnership Join us Proposals Buttons

ID='HTML3'

Recruitment is still open, so if you want to join us, visit page called "Join us".
Thursday, July 12, 2012

[46] Strony i programy do nauki jęzków darmowe cz. 1

Hi everyone!
For today I prepared something really useful, that many people look for. They are free websites, to make learning easy and convinient. If you've ever had a problem with finding such websites or programs and weren't convinced how effective they are, I decided to review some of them and share my opinion with you. All websites reviewed here are free, used as a free user, so I didnt log on any of them. Here we go!
 



DICTIONARIES (Słowniki)
Everyone knows how useful they are when it comes to learning. I could name many many other dictionaries, but they are my TOP 3. Is your TOP 3 the same?

Used to be my favourite dictionary, howeve, now I prefer to use englih-english ones ;) This dictionary is really easy to use, it gives hints when you search for words and gives you different meanings on a word. It allows you to make out which translation should be used in some context and sometimes it also shows full phrases, idioms or sayings with the searched words. The only disadvantage that I can find is that there is no pronounciation provided for all words and sometimes it doesn't work. But except for that, I definitely recommend it to everyone!

 
 Thefreedictionary.com is not only an enlish-english dictionary, but also a small encyclopedia - it explains the meaning of the word very thoroughly, shows in what context a word can be used, sometimes even shows the ethymology of a word, which I needed a few tmes and this dictionary never failed me! Pronounciation of a word is also available, usually in 2-3 different versions, i. e. American or British plus for people who can "read" phonetic signs, such option is also provided. At first sight the layout of the dictionary might be quite messy, but it only takes a few moments to know how to use it!
 
This dictionary is really... useful at times, but I have a feeling that it fails to provide a full explanation at times. It provides translations for some really weird words I needed for school, (i. e. wysoczyzna ), has a really satisfactory scope of idioms, but there's something lacking. Nevertheless I definitely recommend this dictionary as it offers pronounciation, examples of using it in the context, but also phrases and sayings with a searched word.

WEBSITES (STRONY INTERNETOWE)

http://www.angi.pl/img/logo.png

Angi.pl is a website that I recommend to everyone who likes to learn new vocabulary. It shows a random word and your task is to provide a right meaning. Below the space provided to give translations, you have a pie chart presenting how succesfull you are. I must say that it's quite fun, it definitely is a way to learn a new word or test your vocabulary range. The only thing I don't like about it that very often there is no context given for the word and your translation, even if it's corret, might be wrong, because the author of this flashcard thought of a different one. I definitely recommend checking this website out, it's really fun! :)


In my opinion this is a great site to learn English! It provides a whole range of articles that you can also listen to, provides thorough grammar explanation and exercises to memorize the lesson. The whole "programme" is divided into lessons, so the knowledge you're getting is ordered and clear, you actually get to develop useful skills, learn useful phrases and the topics of each lesson allow you to have the vocabulary communicate in everyday life siuations. There are different levels of difficulty which also are suitable for all English learners to find materials corresponding to their language skills. the website is clear and user-friendly and I definitely recommend it to everyone - beginners and advanced learners!



It is a great website where you can find free materials regarding gramar, vocabulary, pronounciation and listening. There is a variety of levels for all English learners which will definitely let you find something for yourself! It is a great source of materials to memorize grammar and vocabulary, plus you get to develop other skills. The layout is pretty clear and the site is quite user friendly, so don't hesitate and visit it!


Another reat site which provide materials for learning vocabulary. What is important - it always offers contex, so you learn how to properly use words learnt. I recommend this site to all of you who have extensive vocabulary, but struggle to use words properly. It really gives you a good training and you remember most of the situations later on, which of course is the sign of an effective learning;) The website is really user friendly, so you won't have problems with using it. 


It's just the first part, so look out for the next one coming soon with free programs that you can use. And let me know what other websites you use for learning! Bye :)

8 comments:

  1. There is a lot of sites here of whose existence I did not know. So I decided to test them and they seem useful to me.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo,
      I think this blog is really helpful. I use it, but i can't always, because not all articles are in English. Can you make more articles in English, please? I try use Google translator, but sometimes i don't understand it - it's weird. You explain things really good and is a pleasure to learn that way =) I will use this websites in the future and i am looking forward to the next part!
      Linda

      Delete
    2. Wow, I haven't known that our blog has foreign readers! Where are you from? That's really interesting!
      We will think about translating more articles into English and maybe even writing new ones in two language versions. Maybe it would be useful to translate text on our main page. Hm...

      Delete
    3. I come from Germany and I really like your blog. I'm happy that you will write more in Englisch, I would like you to translate more grammar post in English, because I don't understand everything without no explenation. Good luck! Greets =)

      Delete
    4. So you're that visitor from Bremen that I often see in the Feedjit box? How did you find our blog? :)

      Delete
    5. I found it in google when I looked after Past simple gramma explenation. I didn't understand alot but I looked at pictures and then started looking after other stuff you have at your blog. I liked it so I visit often :)
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Also, I recommend you:
    www.edustation.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a nice collection of websites. I didn`t know some of them at all:)

    ReplyDelete

Search