Home About us Partnership Join us Proposals Buttons

ID='HTML3'

Recruitment is still open, so if you want to join us, visit page called "Join us".
Friday, April 19, 2013

[72] Sports - vocabulary (requested)

Hello!
Today it's time to get some exercise! Even if it's just on our blog;) Are you ready for some brain training? Get ready for the mind workout and remember that regular exercise is good not only for your body, but also mind!
Let's get started :)









WHAT SPORTS CAN YOU DO?

In summer you can do outdoor sports (na zewnątrz), i.e.
athletics - atletyka
track and field sports - lekkoatletyka
dash run - sprint
marathon - maraton
walking - chód/chodziarstwo
long jump - skok w dal
high jump - skok wzwyż
shot put - pchnięcie kulą

pole vault - skok o tyczce
triple jump - trójskok
discus throw - rzut dyskiem
hammer throw - rzut młotem
javelin throw - rzut oszczepem
beach volleyball - siatkówka plażowa


When it's cold, you can do indoor sports (wewnątrz, halowe):
tennis - tenis
martial arts - sztuki walki
weightlifting - podnoszenie ciężarów
gymnastics - gimnastyka
fencing - szermierka
football/soccer - piłka nożna
basketball - koszykówka
volleyball - siatkówka
handball - piłka ręczna 




Even in winter you can do many winter sports (sporty zimowe):
ice-skating - łyzwiarstwo
ski-jumping - skoki narciarski
skiing - narciarstwo

snowboarding - snowboard




WHERE CAN YOU DO SPORTS?
at home - w domu
outdoors - na dworze
at the gym - na siłowni
sports hall - hala sportowa
track - bieżnia
at the swimming pool - na basenie
on the ice-skate rink - na lodowisku




WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO SPORTS?
gear - sprzęt
helmet - kask
gloves - rękawiczki
pads - ochraniacze
racket - rakieta
ball - piłka
net - siatka
basket - kosz
ice-skates - łyżwy
skis - narty
shoes - buty
fitness pants - spodnie
shorts - krótkie spodenki
fitness mat - mata do ćwiczeń
water bottle - butelka z wodą
singlet - koszulka sportowa
sports bag - torba sportowa
towel - ręcznik
goggle - gogle pływackie
cap - czepek

WHAT EXERCISES CAN YOU DO ALONE?
push-ups - pompki
sit-ups - brzuszki
go jogging - iść pobiegać
bend - skłon
knee-bends - przysiady
podciąganie się - chin-ups
split - szpagat
cartwheel - gwiazda
crab - mostek
leg swing - wymach nóg
squat - przysiądź w kucki



HOW TO DO EXERCISES PROPERLY?
breathe - oddychaj
inhale - weź oddech
exhale - wydech
lay down - połóż się
stand up - wstań
flex your muscles - napnij mięśnie
relax your muscles - rozluźnij mięśnie
be precise - bądź dokładny



CAN YOU SWIM?
- Yes, my favourite style is breaststroke (żabka). And yours?
- I prefer backstroke (na plecach) and sometimes Crawl stroke (kraul). But I definitely want to learn butterfly stroke (motylek) this summer!


When I go to the gym, I wear a singlet and shorts or fitness pants and a top. And you?

I make sure, that before I go to my training (trening) I have my sports bag ready. I have my water bottle there, a towel and fresh clothes. Then I leave my bag in my locker (szafka).

I like to work out (ćwiczyć) at home. I do a warm up first (rozgrzewka), then light exercises, for example leg and arm swing, bends, sit-ups and knee bends.

And how about YOU? Do you exercise? Do you work out? Share with us! :)

3 comments:

  1. Every day I do sit-ups to prepare my body for summer ;) And usually in the evening I go cycling with my friends to relax after hard day ;)

    Which of swim styles is calls free style? Isn't it a crawl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressive! You're a great example for other people ;)
      I try to work out at home everyday as well, I cycle to school and back and today I go to play tennis, so I must say I became pretty active in the past few weeks.

      And yes, kraul is sometimes called freestyle :)

      Delete
  2. Bardzo fajnie to napisałeś :) Dopiero zaczynam swoją przygodę z językiem angielskim także takie słówka są dla mnie świetną pomocą! Dziękuję!

    ReplyDelete

Search